Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alex

Alex has grown up so much in the last year. He still has his teenage moments but we can see the change in him. He is soo smart, about a month ago he was sitting in the living room and was reading the Book Of Mormon, I asked him what he was doing, he responded "Umm reading." Well duh but do you have an assignment or are you teaching a lesson? He said"No I just decided I want to read the Book of Mormon, I've never read all of it through." I was amazed and so happy, sometimes you think yeah they are a good kid, but will the satan get them, life is different outside the home, and with so many influences, family friends, media against the church will he always want to be a part of the Church?

Over the last year we've such growth he used to say I'm going to the military I can't go on a mission, then it turned to "if I go on a mission....", but now it's always " when I go on a mission..." at the Charly's baby blessing my brother & sister came to church with us, I knew that Alex was excited that my brother was going to get to see him pass the Sacrament, when they were talking about the blessing Alex was explaining he has the Aaronic priesthood, and why he wasn't going to be in the circle. I know that he knows the Church is true, and that is a great feeling to know that he has the desire to serve a mission, marry in the Temple, and wants an eternal family.

We recieved a call from sis Nelson today telling us there wasn't seminary the rest of the week, and she wanted us to know Alex named all the Prophets that is soo cool, he is so smart, he pays attention, a lot of times we can't tell he is, but he is! I'm so glad he came to live with us, granted we have our moments but the end result will be worth it!

No comments: